Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Many thanks to Sabrina for the Liebster Award!



What is This?

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less.
The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.



Here are the Rules:

1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them
. Remember, no tag backs!




My Random 11 Facts:
1- Grammar errors drive me nuts.  If you need a person to proofread something, I'm your gal! (Exhibit A: I changed "here's the rules" to "here are the rules".)
2- I am now worried that there are grammatical errors on my blog that I've missed and now I've just embarrassed myself with (1).  Oh well!  Forgive me, dear readers.
3- My family is full of professional (classical) musicians.  We sing for fun.
4- I'm addicted to NPR.  I often start conversations with "so I heard this story on NPR..." 
5- I was a vegetarian for 10+ years but gave it up two years ago because I needed more protein.
6- I make smoothies for breakfast every day.  Yum :)

7- I have my ears pierced but I never wear earrings.
8- I absolutely love rain and thunderstorms.
9- We never had pets when I was growing up except for fish and a hamster (and the hamster ran away :( so we didn't have him for very long!)
10- I love flowers and gardens.
11- I want to visit every continent (except perhaps Antarctica).  I have travelled a fair amount for someone my age, but there are so many places I still want to see!




My questions:

1. What inspired you to blog the way you do? I was inspired to start my blog after reading Good Mail Day.  
2. What is your favorite post you published? I suppose it's this one about getting advice on how to organize my mail.  I got some very helpful suggestions, and it always makes me smile when people comment on my posts.
3. What do you see right now? My computer, some unanswered mail, the trees in our backyard.
4. What is your best feature/characteristic? Compassion.
5. You are offered a super power. Which one do you choose? I would like to save the post office.  So maybe I'd be super postal woman?  Does that count?
6. What's one thing you see every day? Nature.
7. Do you have any regrets? Not really - I used to but I try not to dwell on the past too much.
8. Which is your favorite blog? I'm not sure I have a favorite blog.  I love mail blogs in general :)
9. If you could do one thing without suffering the consequences, what would you do? Hmm... I would buy lots and lots of stationery!
10. What is your favorite TV show? The Daily Show.  I watch it online during my lunch at work.
11. What are your favorite kind of clothes?! Anything from Anthropologie. I only wear clothes/shoes that are comfortable though.


I know I'm supposed to tag people and come up with my own questions, but I need to go to work!  I'll try to remember to do that later.

~ Anne

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love NPR too! Although, I don't listen to it as often as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on receiving the award - can I just ask - what is NPR?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. National Public Radio. (NPR.org) They have news and great, informative shows. Your area probably has a local station :)

      Delete