Friday, July 6, 2012

Guest Post | Shannah of Write Before Your Eyes

Hello all you wonderful people! First, I'd like to say that I was honored when Anne asked me to do a guest post on her blog. My name is Shannah, and I am the creative mind behind Write Before Your Eyes. This is my first guest post so, here goes!

Since I have a passion for writing letters, I'd like to share with you some tips on how I write/decorate letters. First, I find all the things I may use to decorate a sheet of paper. The paper can be plain or colorful. In this case, I decided to start with a colored sheet. Washi tape is also amazing for adding that extra pizzaz to your stationery. I like to use funky notepad sheets as well, to finish the letter out or add an extra note. Also, ephemera gives it that retro vintage look, if you like that style. 


When writing a letter, you really can't go wrong as long as you're honest! Write about your day, your week, your pet/family/friends, hopes/dreams/aspirations! In this case, I wrote mostly about the vacation I had just taken.


Now, on to my favorite part: decorating the envelope! When making your own envelopes, try to find/make colorful ones. For this one, I found a blueish sheet of paper. For other decorations, I used real lace and ephemera. Go crazy with layers! Pretty much anything flat is great for decorating an envie.




A bit of cutting and a tad of glue and...



This particular letter is going to my pal Melissa. <3


It's just that simple! AND it's very fun creating a piece of artwork when you know the person receiving it will enjoy and appreciate it! Send letters to your family, friends, people you don't know, nursing home residents, hospital patients, down the road, across the seas. It does not matter its destination, as long as it arrives and puts a smile on a person's lovely face. So, what are you waiting for? Go brighten someone's day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for choosing me for your guest post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collage! I love getting letters that look like pieces of art! :)

    ReplyDelete